[squeak-dev] Re: OpenCL and OpenGL interop

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Mon Jun 7 16:18:14 UTC 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 7:42 AM, askoh wrote:

> Since Squeak/OpenCL uses FFI, can we use FFI for OpenGL also and code
> everything like the C examples that Nvidia provides?

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at... Croquet-OpenGL does use the FFI for everything except for a few things such as initial context-creation, making a context current, and buffer swapping.  Everything else is accessible via FFI.

Are you talking about coding "closer to the metal" than using Croquet's higher level classes such as TFrame and TTexture?  There's no reason why this couldn't be done... these higher level classes are implemented using OpenGL FFI calls, and anyone can write an application that completely ignores these and calls the OpenGL FFI calls directly.

Or perhaps I'm missing the point of your question?

Cheers,
Josh