[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-users] Alien for Squeak 4.1/Pharo 1.1?

Joachim Geidel joachim.geidel at onlinehome.de
Thu Jun 10 14:12:51 UTC 2010

Am 09.06.10 11:35 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
>> Am 09.06.10 08:06 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
>>> We would love to have a version of alien working for pharo on all platform.
[snip]

>>> can you point us to them?

I had a look at Alien-Prereqs and Alien-Core. Actually, it seems that all
extensions to system classes except the conversion and utility methods can
be removed in all three platforms. The only exception is
Parser>>pragmaStatement. It is needed in Pharo 1.0, which contains an old
version of that method.

I have added a comment to Pharo issue #1360
(http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1360) with attached
Monticello versions of Pharo-Prereqs and Pharo-Core which are compatible
with Pharo 1.0, 1.1, and Squeak 4.1. Pharo-Prereqs is only needed in Pharo
1.0. The Alien tests were green on all three platforms.

I have accidentally published Alien-Core to SqueakSource, but have asked
John McIntosh to delete the version. I think that my changes should be
reviewed by someone with better knowledge of Alien and who knows how to
update the ConfigurationOfAlien, before they are released publicly. Sorry
for the inconvinience, I will be more careful next time.

Best regards,
Joachim Geidel