[squeak-dev] Re: Copying packages between repositories (was Re: [Pkg] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.441.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:38:24 UTC 2010

Hi Bert.  No, I never save an already-saved package.  I am quite
familiar with copying packages between repositories and averse to the
waste associated with creating new package versions with no (and,
often, even with only *few*) changes.  In fact, had I saved another
version, Monticello typically would have incremented the version
number anyway, so I think something else happened.

I don't know what, though.  But this is the version that I was trying
to save very soon after a saving of a dependent package.  I had gotten
both "Save" windows up and ready, and I think MC must've gotten
confused somwhere along the way.

It looks like the ancestry somehow got "disconnected" from this
version.  I have just rolled back to Morphic-cmm.440, re-applied my
changes, and saved as new, unique version, therefore leaving this
strange one out of the ancestry.

Thanks for raising it to my attention!

 - Chris