[squeak-dev] Mac carbon VM goes to 4.2.5beta1U

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Wed Jun 16 07:14:53 UTC 2010

Thanks very much John.

For everyone's information, ExternalForm is not only for OpenCL (although that's the use-case that motivated it).  It is useful whenever you happen to have a pointer to external memory that you know holds pixels.   Here's a trivial example:

| extent form ptr |
extent := 400 at 300.
form := ExternalForm extent: extent depth: 32.
ptr := ExternalAddress gcallocate: (extent x * extent y * 4).
form setManualSurfacePointer: ptr.
Display displayScaledOn: form.
form displayAt: 0 at 0.
form destroySurface.