[squeak-dev] Re: [etoys-dev] Packaging Etoys

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 1 01:01:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 06:47:58PM +0100, Karl Ramberg wrote:
> Hi,
> I have worked on packaging the Etoys image and saved them to
> source.squeak.org/etoys.
> I'm new to Monticello and hope I did not screw up too badly.

Folks,

Efforts are under way to synchronize Etoys with Squeak trunk.
The Etoys developers have taken some first steps to save the
Etoys image in Monticello archives (http://source.squeak.org/etoys).

Since Monticello is being used to support this work, and since
package naming conventions are important in Monticello, it will
be helpful to all involved if the package names in trunk conform
to the correct spelling of Etoys:
  http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2010-February/004397.html

For this reason, I am about to post an update to Squeak trunk that
changes all package names to from "EToys" to "Etoys" and changes all
package overrides from "*eToys", "*EToys" and so forth to "*Etoys".

As far as I know, this update requires no special changes to the
trunk update stream. However, I've been wrong about this sort of
thing before so if any problems appear in the update process, you
can reasonably assume that it is my fault. Also, apologies in
advance for the rather large update notification that may result
from this change.

Dave