[squeak-dev] IMPORTANT: Election candidates!

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:04:18 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

>> Yes, obviously. That's a bit politician talk though. :)
>
> guess what. You read the note about having the board hat on, right?

You're not on the board just yet and I welcome a sense of direction from you. :)

>> My concern in your list is that the priority seem to be focused on
>> entry level book(s). There are already existing work such as Squeak by
>> Example and Laser Game tutorial. They're good enough to get started.
>
> You got me wrong there; I'm not about *this* level of entry. There is
> a level between that of the Etoys target audience and (S/P)BE or laser
> game adopters, and my idea of an intro book for children targets
> precisely this level.

Thanks for the clarification. We've talked about children using Squeak
during last year but it's not a good demographic. They're not going to
get involved in developing Squeak itself before another, say, 15
years. My opinion is that the target audience should be Squeak
developers and the rest will naturally follow in due time.

> Note that I'm not trying to promote concrete "do this" items as much
> as "something needs to be done about this, what could that be and how
> could the requirements be met".

I understand your point. I am very much for a documentation team. It
wouldn't hurt to have a more specific plan/direction from you, even if
it does not include concrete solutions.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/