[squeak-dev] Parsing problem in trunk image

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 02:38:03 UTC 2010

BlockNode comments appear to be getting cascaded into all child BlockNodes.

To see an example, open the method:

  BlockNode>>#printOn:indent:

Shift + Yellow-click in the code pane, select "pretty print".  Notice
how the comment:

      "If >0 temps and >1 statement, put all statements on separate lines"

is now repeated within each of the ifTrue:ifFalse: blocks?!

It looks like the problem is related to the fact that the parse tree
has the comment in each of those sub-nodes, so it therefore gets
printed three times.

This bug is painful for me, I use pretty print constantly to make the
computer to format my code for me so I type fast and sloppy.  Who
broke this?