[squeak-dev] Physical Etoys released!

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Mar 3 02:06:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:12:34 -0300, Ricardo Moran
<richi.moran at gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes! I've seen PIC/Smalltalk some time ago. You seem to have builded a Smalltalk parser from scratch. I'm just toying around with Squeak's parser for now. Also, my understanding of this stuff is pretty basic, so this will probably be much more limited than PIC/Smalltalk.

Yeah, I spent some time looking at Squeak's parser, couldn't
understand any of it, so I just wrote a really simple one myself.

I've often thought (now that I've switched my embedded activities from
PIC to AVR and lately to Arduino) that it would be neat to build an
AVR/Smalltalk that generated C source, but with full access to the
hardware capabilities of the AVR.

Later,
Jon