[squeak-dev] [cuis] Kernel Development Model

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 14:47:07 UTC 2010

> Hi Juan,
>
> Pre-built image now available, including the new StartupManager.
>
> bzr checkout --lightweight https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/
> base-dev-images

I have taken StartupManager out of base-dev, so it no longer appears
in base-dev prebuilt images. It now resides in its own project, and
may be selected for users personal builds.

> To obtain the source code from the image, into the "export"
> directory doIt:
>
> Export doExport.
>
> There you will find entries and fileouts for StartupManager, and
> separate integration code in StartupManagerIntoCuis2.

The organization of the repositories has been tidied:

Universal all platform VM.
https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/Cuis2.uni.vm

base-dev - fork specific fixes, and patches for parity between forks.

https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/squeak/base-dev
https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/base-dev
https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/pharo/base-dev

https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/base-common  - code that is
common to all images, providing System-Exports1.0 and System-
InstallSeries1.0.3

Personal projects:

https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/System-Support_StartupManager

Personal build definitions:

https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/stable
https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/unstable

Published Images

https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/images-base-dev
https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/images-stable

=========
Juan & Andreas,

to get the code for StartupManager, you can just checkout

bzr branch https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/System-
Support_StartupManager

or you can grab an image which uses it from

bzr checkout --lightweight https://launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/images-
stable

and execute "Export doExport" to obtain the sources.

regards

Keith