[squeak-dev] ConnectorsFor3dot11 for share

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 4 01:15:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 09:28:54AM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > in the Etoys image we have integrated Connectors into the Etoys package.
> > I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do, it's a big codebase and
> > makes Etoys even bigger.
>
> Hmm, Connectors is a generic package, so I'm not sure why such an
> integration would be done..?   :-(

Well, kudos to the Etoys developers for taking custody of Connectors
and making it widely available. Obviously they had no reason to worry
about packaging for Monticello back when this was done, and I expect
that everyone will now agree that moving Connectors into a package
named "Connectors" would be a good idea for the future.

I do think that it would be good to make Connectors easily loadable
(and unloadable) in Squeak trunk. This should soon be easier to do,
as the Etoys developers are moving to use Monticello and are now
hosting this work on source.squeak.org.

Dave