[squeak-dev] ConnectorsFor3dot11 for share

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 4 23:00:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:55:07AM -0200, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 3/3/10 11:15 PM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, kudos to the Etoys developers for taking custody of Connectors
> > and making it widely available. Obviously they had no reason to worry
> > about packaging for Monticello back when this was done, and I expect
> > that everyone will now agree that moving Connectors into a package
> > named "Connectors" would be a good idea for the future.
> >
> > I do think that it would be good to make Connectors easily loadable
> > (and unloadable) in Squeak trunk. This should soon be easier to do,
> > as the Etoys developers are moving to use Monticello and are now
> > hosting this work on source.squeak.org.
>
> I take care to put all Connectors .mcz into Ladrillos, still nota a
> MCConfiguration.
>
> I could made a Connectors package into squeaksource and move all to this
> place if some more wish become  ' Connectors Friends ' informal team.
>
> What you think?

Edgar, good idea.

Bert, from the point of view of the Etoys developers, would there be
a preferred place to host the Connectors package? In other words, is
it better to start a project on SqueakSource for Connectors, to leave
in hosted in source.squeak.org/etoys, or perhaps consider putting it
in source.squeak.org/trunk?

Dave