[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:01:58 UTC 2010

El vie, 05-03-2010 a las 08:43 -0800, Andreas Raab escribió:

> >> Isn't Etoys (un)loadable in Squeak these days?
> >
> > Yes, but Squeak is working the opposite path than Pharo.
>
> You're confusing packaging with direction. The direction of Squeak is
> very clearly towards more modularity. The packaging hasn't been decided
> yet and it's too early to say how this is going to look.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Ok, so if you give a truck and tell me, hey but look, you can
disassemble it anytime you want and if you remove the parts you don't
like you could get with a marvelous 2 seat coupé that is perfect for
*your* problem (the one I am trying to solve using Squeak/Pharo) isn't
really helping me.

The truck is very good for touring the country and showing of what a
brand new truck is good for.
But not everyone want to buy trucks, a lot of people will want to buy
some basic truck to adapt to own needs:

http://www.nissan.com.mx/compara_versiones/index.php?IdMod=29

So that is why I refer with the opposite version, not about if something
can be disassembled or not.

Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá