[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:02:56 UTC 2010

Miguel,

Am 05.03.2010 um 17:30 schrieb Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.co
m>:
> Yes, but Squeak is working the opposite path than Pharo.

right. So? :-)

It is correct that there is no default core image of Squeak right now,
but as you are most well aware, the next release is not there yet, and
preparing a set of preconfigured images is probably of lower priority
than getting the release out the door. The release team would be the
ones to ask.

I guess the two different ways of providing images might just be a
matter of taste. Personally, I like an image with lots of things to
try (3.8 was really nice in this regard). There are other opinions,
and that's just as fine.

I don't think either Squeak or Pharo do it the right way. :-)

Best,

Michael