[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-ar.282.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Mar 6 05:54:49 UTC 2010

Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-ar.282.mcz

Name: System-ar.282
Author: ar
Time: 5 March 2010, 9:54:01.237 pm
UUID: af9ae3be-7789-424c-bb0b-8908ee9b5f7e
Ancestors: System-ar.281

Final touches. Done. Phew.

=============== Diff against System-ar.281 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #SmalltalkImage
  	instanceVariableNames: 'globals'
  	classVariableNames: 'EndianCache LastImageName LastQuitLogPosition LastStats LowSpaceProcess LowSpaceSemaphore MemoryHogs ShutDownList SourceFileVersionString SpecialSelectors StartUpList StartupStamp WordSize'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-Support'!
- SmalltalkImage class
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'current'!

  !SmalltalkImage commentStamp: 'sd 7/2/2003 21:50' prior: 0!
  I represent the SmalltalkImage and partly the VM. Using my current instance you can
  	- get the value of some VM parameters, system arguments, vm profiling,
  	endianess status, external objects,....

  	- save the image, manage sources

  As you will notice browsing my code I'm a fat class having still too much responsibility.
  But this is life. sd-2 July 2003

  PS: if someone wants to split me go ahead.!
- SmalltalkImage class
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'current'!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SmalltalkImage class>>current (in category 'instance creation') -----
  current
+ 	"Deprecated. Use Smalltalk instead."
+ 	^Smalltalk!
- 	"Note that this could be implemented differently to avoid the test"
-
- 	current isNil
- 		ifTrue: [current := self basicNew].
- 	^ current!

Item was changed:
  IdentityDictionary subclass: #SystemDictionary
  	instanceVariableNames: 'cachedClassNames'
+ 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: 'LastImageName LastQuitLogPosition LowSpaceProcess LowSpaceSemaphore MemoryHogs ShutDownList SpecialSelectors StartUpList StartupStamp SystemChanges WordSize'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-Support'!

  !SystemDictionary commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  I represent a special dictionary that supports protocol for asking questions about the structure of the system. Other than class names, I contain (print this)...
  	Smalltalk keys select: [:k | ((Smalltalk at: k) isKindOf: Class) not]
  			thenCollect: [:k | k -> (Smalltalk at: k) class]
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: AbstractLauncher class>>extractParameters (in category 'private') -----
  extractParameters
+
+ 	| pName value index globals |
+ 	globals := Dictionary new.
+ 	index := 3.
+ 	[pName := Smalltalk  getSystemAttribute: index.
+ 	pName isEmptyOrNil] whileFalse:[
+ 		index := index + 1.
+ 		value := Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: index.
+ 		value ifNil: [value := ''].
+  		globals at: pName asUppercase put: value.
+ 		index := index + 1].
+ 	^globals!
-
- 	^ SmalltalkImage current extractParameters!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SmalltalkImage class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
  initialize
  	"SmalltalkImage initialize"

- "XXX: Just to clean up after the transition"
- 	Smalltalk removeEmptyMessageCategories.
-
  	self initializeStartUpList.
  	self initializeShutDownList.
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SmalltalkImage class>>new (in category 'instance creation') -----
  new

+ 	self error: 'Use Smalltalk'.!
- 	self error: 'Use current'.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: SmalltalkImage>>extractParameters (in category 'system attributes') -----
- extractParameters
-
- 	| pName value index globals |
- 	globals := Dictionary new.
- 	index := 3. "Muss bei 3 starten, da 2 documentName ist"
- 	[pName := self  getSystemAttribute: index.
- 	pName isEmptyOrNil] whileFalse:[
- 		index := index + 1.
- 		value := self getSystemAttribute: index.