[squeak-dev] [Election] Candidate Questions - was Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Mar 6 23:45:13 UTC 2010

Ken> I would like to know what each candidate thinks about creating 'Terms of
Ken> Reference' or 'Terms of Engagement' or 'Constitution' or 'Clear
Ken> Governance Articles' or 'Rules and Regulations' for the Squeak Oversight
Ken> Board, named something agreeable, along with a great mission statement.

I think this question was already asked and answered... as in, we brought it
up on squeak-dev six months ago, and only a few people even bothered giving
feedback, so the issue was declared complete, with other things more pressing.

I understand that you *personally* disagree with that, but it seems you're in
the minority here.

If you need more guidance about what the SOB is about than what is listed on
http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/ please make a concrete proposal.

Otherwise, that describes precisely what I believe the SOB has been doing in
the past two years I've been involved, and what I will ensure it continue
doing, whether I'm elected to the new board or not.