[squeak-dev] Re: Newspeak GSoC?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:52:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Frank Shearar
<frank.shearar at angband.za.org> wrote:
> This debate reminds me of the Lisp family: Dylan, Common Lisp, Scheme, Logo,

Yup, kind of a pointless philosophical debate. The only actually
relevant question is whether anyone would object if there was a
student who really wanted to work on Newspeak for the summer and did
so under ESUG's banner. I can't see a downside to that... it's not
like someone who would otherwise have worked on Seaside is now going
to be suddenly "stolen away" by Newspeak, leaving fewer students for
the rest of us. :)

Having more interesting projects and stellar mentors can only help
ESUG's application I would think.

Julian