[squeak-dev] [cuis] Re: SmalltalkImage current vs. Smalltalk

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 03:52:06 UTC 2010

> I implemented some in cuis
>
> #host #organization #query #sourceCode #vm #commandLine globals
> fileIn fileOut
>
> However isn't the dnu solution is the only one that will be able to
> cope in the longer term if you do break things out again.
> So one could argue that you may as well use it now.

Using the LaunchPad kernel development process we have a base version
of squeak/cuis and pharo which implements just enough api parity to be
useful for developing common packages, and kernel innovations.

We now have the above system-accessors implemented in

https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/cuis/base-dev
https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/squeak/base-dev
https://launchpad.net/~smalltalkers/pharo/base-dev

Keith