[squeak-dev] VMMaker loading uncovers a bug in MC

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:42:24 UTC 2010

The problem with FreeType is overrides.
Overrides are a plague.

I recently changed the scanner stopConditions (See TextStopConditions)
and eradicated (stops at: CrossedX) and (stops at: EndOfRun) because
they hijack the codePoint of some valid Character (a macron).
This is related to Unicode now having leadingChar = 0.

One of FreeType overrides (which is void in trunk because already
merged) still use the old-fashioned access.

What we probably should do is asking Andrew to put overrides in a
separate package that we could offer to not load.

Workaround from Levente should work perfectly in the interim.

Nicolas