[squeak-dev] More Candidate Questions

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Mar 9 21:55:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 11:38 -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> The usual practice is for the board to elect a president, or to have
> the community elect the officers the same time they elect the board.
> The president would sign, on behalf of the board.

This is not OUR usual practice.

The Squeak Oversight Board is a flat board with no designated officers,
no leaders.  Yes in practice usually one of us is more pushy than the
others and has a tendency to take charge.  And we do sign up for tasks
and even have a few jobs that we take on for the entire year.  But when
a decision has to actually be made we discuss it equally and come up
with a solution that we can all agree to unanimously.

Ken