[squeak-dev] "local" vs. "persistent" preferences

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 11 05:20:42 UTC 2010

Hi -

I have an axe to grind with regards to preferences. In my use, having
project-local preferences is completely pointless and consequently
having the "local" option in the preference browser is pointless too.

What I'd rather like to see are *persistent* preferences, i.e.,
preferences that are picked up automatically in all the images that I use.

What do people think? Worth throwing out "local" preferences and instead
use "persistent" ones?

Cheers,
   - Andreas