[squeak-dev] [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 22:44:47 UTC 2010

> What about concurrent changes between contributors ?
> Say I changed a private method A that Levente removes.
> That's where MC shines.

The cycle consists of... check out slices and packages from the repo,
build one or more images, export slices to source, check in code to
repo.

So you have SCM tools working on the important source files to tell
you what has changed or what has conflicted. It is not as good at
diffing mcz packages since they are zip files, but it does ok on a
method level in an st file.

Secondly you can take someone else's image, import the slice
definitions to it, and the Export doCheck will tell you what has
changed in their image relative to the slices exported from yours.

Keith