[squeak-dev] Re: [ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 07:00:35 UTC 2010

On 3/11/2010 10:47 PM, Ian Trudel wrote:
> I am sorry, Andreas. That's not what I meant.

No problem. I just want us to be honest with our own shortcomings :-)
Does Pharo look better? Yes. Does it have to stay that way? Hell, no. If
it weren't for the problem of having 300k overrides and extensions in
Polymorph we'd have long merged it. Unfortunately Polymorph is indeed a
tricky beast to merge and it looks as if it may not be possible without
help from the original authors. Who seem to be mostly Pharo oriented,
too bad. We'll just have to work something out I guess :-)

> I don't blame Edgar in
> any way. I am trying to understand what he is writing. My biggest
> concern is about his comment on the trunk since he wants to be part of
> the release team. Nobody pretends the trunk is a perfect solution but
> it's only logical to assume that he will have to deal with the trunk
> unless he (or someone else) comes up with a viable alternative that
> people will adopt. There's no conspiracy with the trunk, right? :)

There isn't. At least I'm not running one :-)

> I'm interested to read what Edgar has to write about his comments.

Actually, I'm too! :-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas