[squeak-dev] [ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:51:53 UTC 2010

2010/3/12 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com>:
> On 3/12/10 3:05 AM, "Ian Trudel" <ian.trudel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's a very interesting comment from a person who wants to be in the
>> Squeak release team. It seems like you prefer Pharo and don't want to
>> deal with the current process. Are you sure you're working on the
>> right project for you?
> Yes.
>
> Because if all let me, I end having the best of Cuis , Pharo and Trunk for
> all.
>
> And if not let me, I do myself and you never read any you don't like.
> Seems the Blue Pill we swallow in 3.10 beta was strong and still in effect..
>
> Cheers.
> Edgar

All right. You want the best of everything. That's good as long as we
agree on what the best is. :)

Besides, Pharo has adopted a Macish look-and-feel. I think it would be
a misopportunity to move forward such look-and-feel because it makes
no sense to copy when a software has its own windowing system. We
should have native windows if we want a native look-and-feel, and not
everybody runs MacOS X. Squeak has an opportunity to distinguish
itself and step the mark with its very own look-and-feel.

You are right that we should not be oblivious to what the problems
are. However, it seems to me that most people know the shortcomings of
the trunk. Edgar, when you wrote your comment, it made me think that
you would ditch the trunk and go back to the old ways. And I see that
you insist on using a 120 days unused mailing list when we need to
fusion as a community rather than fragment. What's the point?

I will hope that you will elicit and document what the current
problems and potential solutions are provided that you are elected as
a board member.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/