[squeak-dev] [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Fri Mar 12 15:49:24 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I've been reading through this thread and have a comment.  There is nothing
in the trunk development method that prevents Keith from continuing to work
on Bob or LPF.  The trunk development method allows us to get faster
integration of some excellent work.  Maybe in the future when the fury of
work that is going on in Squeak right now settles down we will need a less
risky method of gathering and releasing changes.

Why couldn't Bob harvest changes from Mantis so they can be reviewed and
posted to trunk?

Maybe I'm just missing something here but I don't want to miss the work that
Andreas and Eliot and a host of others are offering and I don't want to
scare off non core developers from making changes if they are inspired to do
so via mantis.

I believe with some careful consideration we can all come to the logical
conclusion that this whole conspiracy theory was a conspiracy.  How about we
get back to work?

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
(Disclosure: I work for Teleplace but the opinions are my own)