[squeak-dev] [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Fri Mar 12 16:50:42 UTC 2010

On Mar 12, 2010, at 8:09 AM, keith wrote:

>> So I see why you insist that your way would be better, and you may even be right. But I'm also part of this community for a dozen plus years and know it's not going to follow you on a whim. This community is different, for better and worse.
>
> I don't insist that my way will be better.

Come on now, the majority of what you write is to insist that your way will be better.  There are whole threads of you insisting that your way is better.  You have made progress toward a "manifesto" about how your way is better.

Keith, people are trying to meet you half-way.  In this case Bert made an empathetic statement.  It looks to me like you read his statement and couldn't help yourself:  finding nothing reasonable to contradict you just picked something and contradicted it anyway.

This is not constructive behavior.  It causes frustration for those who try to meet you half-way.  I know that I have lost patience with you occasionally, and my words have showed my annoyance; I'm sorry for that (it will probably happen again).  But please try to realize that your behavior plays a large part in this too.

> Firstly there is the question of what changes to squeak are possible with the trunk method and what changes are not.
> My method allowed any changes, the trunk method prevents me (and edgar it seems) from participating.

... and in practically the next sentence, you say that your way is better.

Cheers,
Josh