[squeak-dev] Re: Regarding Polymorph

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 08:47:00 UTC 2010

On 3/13/2010 12:25 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Like Tweak? I don't wanna get into a details, why Tweak failed to
> replace Morphic in Squeak,

I'd be kinda curious what you think about that. My opinion is pretty
clear: I never *wanted* Tweak to be a replacement for Morphic. It wasn't
ready; it was a playground for lots of new ideas.

> but i think this is what any brand new framework have to meet: compete
> with Morphic and die :)

You think so? Hm ... well maybe I should finally put a little release
together. I think a decent Morphic competition is best done by being
antithetical to Morphic. I'll see if I can find some time to polish
things up a bit.

Cheers,
   - Andreas