[squeak-dev] [Squeak 4.0] Last Call

juan at jvuletich.org juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Mar 14 02:56:21 UTC 2010

> Does anyone have any objections to Squeak 4.0 RC3? If so, now is your
> time to be heard. If I don't hear anything else, I'll be calling RC3
> "Gold Master" and shipping it tonight or tomorrow.
>
> If you haven't tested it out, please do, and let me know if there's
> anything that blocks relicense, entrance into the SFC, or irrevocably
> prevents deploying changes in from Trunk.
>
> Thanks folks.
>
> --
> Casey Ransberger

Hi Casey,

I don't know if this is important at all, but the "Welcome to..." window
has a description to the license that doesn't mention the "License"
window. Besides, in "Welcome to..." it says (c) Apple and Disney, and in
"License" it says (c) The Squeak Community, Xerox, Apple. It would be good
not to repeat this stuff, and if it is repeated, it should match.

Besides, it contains SystemDictionary>>#copytight and
Utilities>>#copyrightNotice that also don't match. (BTW, I said this about
2 weeks ago).

This is not a show stopper, but the Mac VM is not updated to latest
VMMaker and doesn't pass the BitBlt tests. Well, the failing tests are not
in the 4.0 image, but the BitBlt bugs are in the bundled Mac VM anyway.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich