[squeak-dev] About technical discussions on IRC

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 12:50:04 UTC 2010

I was just lurking squeak channel IRC logs, and browsed interesting
technical matters.

For example, matthew was noting the difference between Squeak/Cobalt
concerning #upToAnyOf:
Squeak answer a collection excluding the matching character, Cobalt
behavior is inclusive.
For this reason, I had to add this selector #upToAnyOf:do:
Maybe we could also support #throughAnyOf: if required.

I personnally don't use IRC because I feel it's too much time consumming.
People are free to do it, and get instant answers, that's fine.
But I would be glad that some unanswered or important point and
conclusions come back here in squeak-dev.
That's important to not fragment important information too much.

Sure, some will tell me "I don't use squeak-dev because too much time
consuming"...
OK, OK, squeak-dev also is a political tribune, which is somehow
normal during election times, but I hope it will soon focus on technic
again.

Nicolas