[squeak-dev] Horror of the day: StringHolder

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 18:55:10 UTC 2010

So far, I always felt reluctant diving into Morphic code.
But filing out all the messages in a list at once would be such a nice
feature for cross-fork synchronization...
You know, when a implementors/senders messages span so many MC
packages that doing it with MC would be just a waste of time.
(I never said MC was perfect. it's does not have to be the universal
tool, we got the choice).

Let us see where should I hack...
Argh! StringHolder and all it's subclasses!
Look at all the extensions and hacks implemented there, it's speaking!
Hmm, why not using composition and prefer crazy inheritance to death?

Nicolas