[squeak-dev] [ExperimentalCoreRelease] March 15 2010 - SL3dot11-9510-alpha

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:28:21 UTC 2010

Folks:
SL3dot11-9510-alpha is uploading to Experiments folder in ftp.

Was build from fresh 9371 ³unloaded² and some things I add for choose which
packages update a which not.
Also , all the weird things coming from SqueaklightII and MinimalMorphic and
you could see on the videos.
Go to Experiments as in this moment is my fork wishing become 4.2 SqueakCore
or the name and version we agree.
The .cs my procedure fileouts make goes to the updates folder of Experiments
.
The first goal , follow the trunk with a unloaded .image and only let the
packages we wish was updated is working well.
The second goal, the .image  updates from the updates folder, using only
.cs, can¹t be tested as we broke the add server and the naming server .
By the moment I can¹t test the updated version of following code

'From SqueakLight|II of 31 May 2008 [latest update: #7228] on 10 June 2009
at 7:51:43 am'!

!Utilities class methodsFor: 'fetching updates' stamp: 'edc 6/10/2009
07:51'!
slUpdates
    "Utilities slUpdates"
    | previousHighest server dir count sourceFile fileName pos x |
    previousHighest := SystemVersion current highestUpdate.
    server := ServerDirectory serverNamed: 'SL'.
    dir := server directoryNamed: 'SLupdates'.
    count := 0.
    dir entries
        select: [:c |
            x := c name initialIntegerOrNil.
                ifNil: [x := 0].
            x > previousHighest]
        thenCollect: [:any |
            (any name endsWith: '.sqz')
                ifTrue: [fileName := any name.
                    pos := fileName findString: '.sqz'.
                    fileName := fileName copyFrom: 1 to: pos - 1.
                    sourceFile := HTTPLoader default retrieveContentsFor:
'ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight//SLupdates/' , any name.
                    sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: sourceFile
content unzipped]
                ifFalse: [sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (dir
getFileNamed: any name) contents.
                    sourceFile reset.
                    self saveUpdate: sourceFile onFile: any name].
            ChangeSorter newChangesFromStream: sourceFile named: any name.
            count := count + 1].
    PopUpMenu inform: count asString , ' new update file(s) processed.'.
    SystemVersion current registerUpdate: ChangeSorter
highestNumberedChangeSet.
    SmalltalkImage current aboutThisSystem.! !

I hope once the add server and naming server was fixed, this could be used
also.
Off course, as several times said and some do not read, wish try to have the
less weird things possible.
Or some realize is not as weird as you think , polish my code, put your
initials and go to trunk.

See you need SqueakV3dot11.sources, I upload also as .gz of this.

Edgar