[squeak-dev] Bug in #isCaseSensitive on a Mac?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Mar 17 08:23:39 UTC 2010

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Frank> OS X uses a case sensitive filesystem, so it sounds like a bug.
>
> By default, case preserving, but not case sensitive.
>
> As said elsewhere in this thread, you can override the default,
> but it can break things, so it is not done by default. :)

Huh. Well, that's my new-datum-of-the-day then. I've only been working
with Macs for a few months (iPhone stuff), and everything certainly
LOOKED case sensitive, in things like the terminal. That plus "Mac =
FreeBSD + special kernel" made me jump to the semi-erroneous conclusion
I did!

So once again I'm happy to be wrong, because I learned something new!

frank