[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 release timing

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 18 03:04:22 UTC 2010

Folks -

Catching up with email today it seems that there's a *much* stronger
preference for a quick 4.1 release than I had imagined. I thought it an
issue worth raising but didn't expect that clear a response in favor of
a quick 4.1.

As a consequence, I think we should adjust our plans accordingly.
However, this may create a bit of a dilemma: I don't think that Edgar
signed up for these conditions, and I'm not sure if it's fair to push it
on him - making a release in a short time frame takes a lot of work and
I don't want to just drop this into Edgar's lap given that I have no
idea about his availability and other schedules.

So here's what I'll do: I'll send another message with proper subject to
gather tasks that need to be addressed to get 4.1 out. Edgar, if you
then still feel this is the release you want to manage (or simply
participate) let us know.

Cheers,
   - Andreas