[squeak-dev] Console smalltalk program.

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 02:26:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Adrian Norberto Marino
<adrianmarino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all!
>
> First of all apologies for my low level of English.
> I Found a way to execute smalltak code from a squeak image
> from unix bash that was what he needed, Of the next form:
>
> 1. evaluate "ExternCommandShell start" from squeak image.
> 2. Close squeak image
> 3. run from unix shell(bash): squeak -headless myImage
> 4. This open a sqsh interpreter.
> 4. Now run by example: Array with: 'Helo'
>
> it possible execute a squeak smalltalk expression of the next way?
>
> bash$  squeak -headless myImage  Array with: 'Helo'
>
> my idea is execute a smalltalk espression directly desde bash.

This has been discussed before. If you search this mailing list,
you'll find a discussion.

"OSProcess arguments" will return the arguments passed on the command line.

Then you'll also want to know about:

SystemDictionary>>addToStartUpList:   " lets you run code when the
image starts. "
(Smalltalk is the only instance of SystemDictionary)

SmalltalkImage>>snapshot:andQuit:embedded: " To shut the image down
and return to bash. "

"Compiler evaluate:" will compile and run code.

Or... I think that GNU Smalltalk supports this kind of thing much better.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/