[squeak-dev] 4.1 release tasks

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Fri Mar 19 19:46:50 UTC 2010

At 12:30 PM -0700 3/19/10, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>Ken> At 7:37 PM +0100 3/19/10, Bert Freudenberg apparently wrote:
>>> The SOB has a blog, thank you very much. Please take this down.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>
>Ken> Thank you for your opinion.
>
>It's not an opinion, it's a request from a board member.  As another
>board member, I also add my voice to this.
>
>Take it down.
>
>--
>Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
><merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
>Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
>See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Thank you also for your opinion.

It is not clear to me who on the board has the authority to ask me to take it down?
All 7 perhaps unanimously like you mentioned was the signing requirement for the SOB? Or a majority 4/7? A designated member in charge of communications? It is unclear to me who even can speak on behalf of the SOB.

So far, two SOB members are quite vocal on this list against the FAQ blog as it exists, one other SOB member spoke up on #squeak with some good points.
So far I can only imagine how the SOB makes decisions, and so far you are only one of the very vocal minority.

Ken G. Brown