[squeak-dev] 4.1 release tasks

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sat Mar 20 01:27:00 UTC 2010

At 4:24 PM -0700 3/19/10, Colin Putney apparently wrote:
>On 2010-03-19, at 12:46 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>> Thank you also for your opinion.
>>
>> It is not clear to me who on the board has the authority to ask me to take it down?
>> All 7 perhaps unanimously like you mentioned was the signing requirement for the SOB? Or a majority 4/7? A designated member in charge of communications? It is unclear to me who even can speak on behalf of the SOB.
>
>So, because there's no documentation about who can speak for the board, you claim that right for yourself, and refuse to recognize the right of actual board members to do so?

At the time I did not know whether everyone on the SOB felt the same way or whether it was just the vocal 3/7 minority. It seemed to me at the start that the SOB in general would welcome an easy way to post stuff to a FAQ type place. Boy was I wrong.
I suppose I was logically assuming that a majority would be the way it might work, perhaps not. Perhaps everyone on the SOB speaks individually on behalf of the SOB.

Ken G. Brown