[squeak-dev] 4.1 trunk image:

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 08:57:28 UTC 2010

Using a fresh VM [1] image [2] and sources [3], clicking on 'Tools' in
'Objects' panel you get MNU on

SMSqueakMap>>categories
"Lazily maintain a cache of all known category objects."

categories ifNotNil: [^categories].
categories := objects select: [:o | o isCategory].
^categories

*objects* is nil

The same of course if you try from 'World' menu:
'World' -> 'open...' -> 'SqueakMap Package Loader'

Unfortunately, after a brief look at the code, I have no idea how to fix it.

Hope it helps
Bye
Enrico
[1] MS Win Squeak VM 3.11.8,
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0/win/SqueakVM-Win32-3.11.8-bin.zip
[2] Squak image candidate 4.1,
http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.1-9745-alpha.zip
[3] Squeak 4.0 sources, http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0/SqueakV40.sources.gz

PS: forgive me if I report it here...I am not sure whether this is the
process for 4.1
--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick