[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-laza.428.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 22 15:06:46 UTC 2010

On 22.03.2010, at 15:42, Alexander Lazarević wrote:
> So this is helpful in >1% of possible debugging sessions? Wouldn'tthe BasicInspector be sufficient for this?
>
> Alex

I simply prefer to see objects as the author intended. Typically, instance variables are grouped by function. The order is not random.

I feel the same about source code - I want to see it as it was written, not what some pretty printer makes of it.

The way source code looks tells me something about the author. Same for instance variable order.

Besides, if you know the name of an instance variable, you can just press the initial letter to jump there. Improving that feature might be worthwhile ...

- Bert -