[squeak-dev] Cobalt VR Meetup

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:40:38 UTC 2010

I had a lot of fun playing with others in VR with Cobalt about ten days
ago.

Seems to me that although they have a great Skype call each week, they need
a VR meetup to test and play with the avatars. To that end I'm starting a
Cobalt VR Meetup on the first Thursday of each month at 8pm Toronto time ( -
4 GMT). I'll post this message on the first Thursday of the month starting
next Thursday on this board and a few others.

All this really means is that I'll be on the Cobalt Skype IRC at that time
to wave a flag and connect with whomever wants to show up. Then we can link
our Cobalt worlds.

http://www.opencobalt.org/community/connect

Get Skype, go to the link above, and find "Click
here<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skype.com%2Fgo%2Fjoinpublicchat%3Fchat%26skypename%3Djohnrdougan%26topic%3DOpen%2BCobalt%2BDevelopment%2B%257C%2BJan%2B31%2Brelease%253A%2Bhttp%253A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2Fcm46j5%26blob%3DYmY90pNlcwc2_RTzjq1YN9IXcjHKocAVRKIbRhkTWyMe1PUjHxbsgsviaCNMyeZ7a40Yp-AEOVqArsedzrG-GMwNE3MAjxkrPY-cbAvayHpIgjXjtNJ5YKOunGY1IQBxTjkQ7Vi7KIpBFPSz&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdRVVI6VKpqRJD__BegVTOVq6N6Qw>
access the live chat." Then you're golden.

Cobalt is in the process of leaving 3.8 Squeak and coming to 4.1 et al.
Squeak.

Chris