[squeak-dev] Re: EventSensor wait2ms (Re: [ANN] Croquet OpenGL on Squeaksource)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Mar 23 21:44:57 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-23, at 2:30 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 3/23/2010 10:50 AM, John M McIntosh wrote:
>> When the *high priority* task looking at the mouse location in the Browser see the cursor move between the browser windows it would change the cursor. Then invoke a tight loop to see when the cursor reentered a browser pane. This would drive 100,000 peekPosition  starving the regular morphic loop.  The result was that at the time the cursor would *stick* between browser panes if your timing was *just* right.
>
> Which high priority task are you referring to? I think we might want to fix that, it seems completely pointless to run a loop like that.

In checking with a 3.10.2 image this morning that logic has been rewritten.  I think you'll need to review were wait2ms is used, and work backward
looking at the callers.

I'll note wait2ms doesn't exist in Pharo since it was eradicated with the EventSensor replacement.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882