[squeak-dev] SOAP?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 26 00:03:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:48:45PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi -
>
> What's the options for dealing with SOAP in Squeak these days? We're
> upgrading our Salesforce interface and it would be nicer if we could do
> some of this stuff in Squeak rather than in Python but the lack of WSDL
> parsing has prevented that in the past.
>
> Any news or interesting developments on this front?

SoapOpera by Masashi Umezawa is a good place to start. I have not looked
at it in several years, but IIRC it worked fine and was easy to understand.
I don't know if it includes WSDL parsing (but probably not).

  http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/index.html
  http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1384
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1399