[squeak-dev] Hello squeakers

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Mar 26 14:35:04 UTC 2010

Hi guys!

I for one am very glad to see Steph's post and appreciate both Pharo and
Squeak. Sometimes Pharo seems to have lots of good stuff going, and
sometimes Squeak does, especially lately.

ESUG is probably my new personal "yearly conference" and it was great in
Brest. I really love the whole energy around Pharo/ESUG.

At the same time I am a long time squeak.org-er and will never leave, so
I really like this "open hand" and I also like all efforts of sharing
between the forks (including other forks, like Cobalt, Cuis, Teleplace etc).

I alsp hope that we all, on *all* forks, know when to say "Hey, perhaps
we should check and sync this with the other forks?". At least *some* of
our mechanisms are *very* important to try to keep in sync - like say
Monticello and/or event mechanisms etc.

Hopefully I will get time to spend on a new SqueakMap and
Deltastreams - although I make no promises, but if and when I do, all
forks are included as targets in my book :)

regards, Göran

PS. Super thanks to the people that currently work as "bridges" between
trunk and Pharo - you know who you are!