[squeak-dev] [GSoC] Problems, Students bio and projects without mentor

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:30:22 UTC 2010

Hi everybody. I hope everybody is fine. As you may have noticed, the ESUG
GSoC has been quite busy the last weeks. Students started to register in the
website, discuss with mentors, etc...

A little problem that we saw few times: when you register (as a student or
mentor) you should receive a confirmation email. I don't know why but some
people reported this mail was filtered in the spam folder. So, if you are
mentor or student and didn't receive a confirmation email, please check you
spam folder.

Students, when you edit your profile there is a tab called "Biography".
Please, take the time to complete that. There are multiple students per
project and that may help the mentor to choose the student.

Another problem is that we have two projects without mentors.

  1. Native windows for Squeak and Pharo
    http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/native-windows
  2. OpenSSL Smalltalk wrapper
    http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/openssl

Fortunately no student yet expressed interest on any of them. There is a
deadline in Monday to remove them if there won't be any mentor found.

That's all for the moment.

Mariano
ESUG GSoC admin
esug.gsoc.adm2010 at gmail.com