[squeak-dev] post-scripts (was: The Trunk: Morphic-laza.389.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 27 23:37:30 UTC 2010

On 28.03.2010, at 00:25, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>>> for the changes to affect old windows. Should I have put that in a postscript? How did you guys do it earlier?
>>
>> Did you ever find a good answer to this question?  I think we need to
>> do a "Editor initialize" in the trunk image because hot-keys need
>> re-initialized.  Is a MC post-script the proper way to do this?  I've
>> never used MC post-scripts before..
>>

> This is how it should be done:
> Create a new package version with the postscript. Upload it. Then update your image, create a new mcm, upload it. Finally create a new version without the postscript and upload it.

I don't think that's always necessary.

I'd rather write a postscript that checks if the action needs to be executed. That way it does not hurt if it is run multiple times (when subsequent versions are published).

For some things it would even be okay to just wait until a release image is built. E.g., when Tim changed the default fonts I'd rather not have them applied to my image when I update, because it would overwrite my own preferences.

- Bert -