[squeak-dev] Proposal: Project Pink Book

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sun May 2 12:58:48 UTC 2010

Hi Ian,

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is an unexpected comment from a German. My experience in the German
> market made it clear Germans demand high-quality writings — in German
> that is. The companies I have worked for were paying top dollars for
> near-perfect German writings, from advertisement to documentation.

see, that's what stereotypes are for: being reconsidered. :-)

I think it is much more important to get some documentation available.
Polishing is always possible. There is no business contract involved
here, and no $$$ lurking. At least not for me.

> My point is that we have more to gain to do it right from the ground
> up. The efforts required to interface with a spellchecker library is
> much less now than rewriting documentation later. ...

Correct spelling alone doesn't make good quality, does it?

Best,

Michael