[squeak-dev] Proposal: Project Pink Book

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sun May 2 13:55:37 UTC 2010

My apologies Michael. This new initiative is indeed a good thing. :)

2010/5/2 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> I guess nobody would mind having a spell checker, just don't rely on anyone else to make this her highest priority :)
>
>> Anyway, when are we getting HelpSystem integrated to the trunk again?
>
> Err, you *do* know where the inbox is, right? ;)
>
> - Bert -

Bert,

I have installed the HelpSystem with the instructions from Torsten but
I believe it uses SqueakSource. I will check in the inbox. The reason
I would prefer contributing with the HelpSystem in the trunk is
because it ensures my contribution is not in vain.

Am I allowed to put things into perspective once more? I have been
writing often lately. I don't want to come off as annoying and
everything I write is in all due respect.

What you are saying is that our community has a self-serving mentality
(e.g. nobody will make such improvement a priority because it's not
*their* priority) and you are suggesting me to do an unselfish act by
writing documentation with unsuitable tools. A contradiction in logic.
Or, let's say for the sake of the argument, I could be also
self-serving and write articles about Squeak on my blog where I can do
proper formatting, spell checking, include images, etc. and get
instant popularity! **Blogger is the winner!**

That's basically how self-serving mentality works. The shortest and
easiest path wins. Contributing on my blog would be good for Squeak
(as a side effect) but doing so in-image documentation is better (best
and direct). I am all right with contributing unselfishly because I
believe a community cannot progress on the basis of selfishness. It's
food-for-thoughts, right?

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/