Method versions and browsing them (Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-ul.59.mcz)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Sun May 2 14:18:53 UTC 2010

On 2010/05/02 15:21, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 02.05.2010, at 13:58, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>> But things look a bit strange. Look at the versions for MorphicUIManager>>edit:label:accept:. You'll see the version above, "ul 5/2/2010 ...", and then "ar 4/21/2010 ...". There's no mention of the changes introduced by ToolBuilder-Morphic-fbs.58, the ancestor of this version.
>>
>> You can, however, see my changes and Levente's if you diff between the versions (as one would expect).
>>
>> I had expected to see ul's version of the method, then mine, and then ar's.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> frank
>
> Updating using Monticello skips intermediate versions. It just loads the latest, so the intermediate ones are not in the changes file.

Ah. Makes sense. It does make the VersionsBrowser less useful (IMO at
least), since it shows only those versions in the changes file.

In other words, if I load a Monticello package, and look at the versions
of some method brand new to the image, I'll only see that most recent
version, not the full history of that method (which would require
downloading every mcz/mcd for that package).

But, if I understand correctly, if I loaded up each version separately
and saved the image in between, I would see all the versions because
each save would store that version in the changes file?

frank