[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-wiz.444.mcz

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 06:20:56 UTC 2010

>Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
>Sun May 2 20:27:34 UTC 2010

Hi Casey,

>Last night I wanted to round a number to an arbitrary precision; (finally
>got sick of calculating tips in workspaces, heh) is that what this is for
>(seems like it?)

Yes. It's part of a set of selectors to aid in precision rounding, truncation and what not. This one was somehow overlooked when the others were uploaded. Look at roundoff and trunction categories in Number, Point, and Rectangle. Note there is also a #roundUpTo: .

The problem I ran across was that gribbles on the screen were being caused by bounds that changed shape and invalid rectanges that were not being made large enough.

The first step was to get the support and the second to go fix things. So far only step one has been tackled.

I am not as avid in my bug hunting as I was before. So its going to be up to others to help get the off-by-one and cumulative rounding/truncation errors fixed.