[squeak-dev] Mapping Smalltalk to Git (was Re: Method versions and browsing them)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue May 4 01:06:19 UTC 2010

Tobias Pape wrote:
> Am 2010-05-03 um 13:53 schrieb Frank Shearar:
>> On 2010/05/03 12:09, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
>>>   Classname.st       containing the class definition itself
>>>   Classname/         containing method sources, one per file
>>>     method1.st
>>>     method2.st
>> And Classname/comment :)
> And meta-data?!
> What about Textattibutes of sourcecode? (yes, this is possible in Squeak.)

One good starting point would be to examine what Monticello puts in each
commit, and map that onto a filesystem-tree-like structure in as fine-grained a
way as possible. (I don't think MC stores text attributes, BTW; perhaps
something that's unavoidable when quaintly storing source code in files?)

  Package/
    Subpackage/
      Classname.class/
        definition.st
        comment.txt
        methods/
          method:source:code:.st
          method2.st

or

  Package/
    Subpackage/
      Classname.st            The class definition
      Classname.doc           The class comment
      Classname.methods/
        method:source:code:.st
        method2.st

or