[squeak-dev] HTTP Client

christophe.jalady at free.fr christophe.jalady at free.fr
Tue May 4 20:58:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

I search for a simple HTTP client which give me access to the "response header".
Actually, I search for a "mature & almost complete" HTTP client implementation.

I have found severals:

* HTTPSocket:
Do not give access to the response header and it is limited.

* HTTPClient:
Too limited.

* SptHTTPRequest (From Universe->Network->HTTPClient version 19)
 http://universes.dnsalias.net:8888/universes/repositories/stable-3.7/SWHTTPClient-bkv.19.mcz
This one looks ok ... but this version does not work ! (I get a BlockClosure
does not understand #deferredValue) try running the simple test:
|request|
request := SptHTTPRequest new.
request openGetTo: 'http://www.google.fr'.
request send; waitOnReady.

* HC HTTPClient
http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
Looks good but I did not find any sources !

* I have read something about reusing libcurl but it looks completely sensless
for me ...

I am using Squeak 4.1 (andr Pharo 1.0 to)

So:
- Did somone know how to fix SptHTTPRequest or where to find the source code of
" HC HTTPClient"
- Did someone know a real working solution for doing HTTP queries ?

Thank you for your help.

Christophe.