[squeak-dev] Overrides. Evil. Need to do something with it.

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:15:43 UTC 2010

2010/5/5 Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
>> myMethod
>>   <doNotOverride>
>
>> What you think?
>
> It seems to me that this is half-way from proper defining of an API.
> Why not be more explicit by specifying which API relies on that method,
> like:

I don't think so. A method, which should not be overridden belongs to
a class where its defined.
And a class belongs to certain package.
So, there is already enough information what API owns that method.

And if you are talking about overriding an extension provided by
another external package...
i.e. when original method has category: *Foo-extensions
and installed package tries to override with with own *Bar-extensions
it should be prohibited at all, without giving any chances to load
this package into a system.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.